About this role….
As a Technical Consultant for NWEA™, you will work directly with our Partner Accounts group, (pre-and post-sales) to provide superior technical and business services. In this role, you will proactively communicate with both external clients, (Partners), and internal teams as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on all NWEA products and technical services. In addition, you will be responsible for delivering product demos, product trainings, lab readiness, onsite consulting and technical support escalations. You will continue to grow with your technical consulting skills by gathering valuable observations and feedback from field work. You will be responsible for representing our partners to other NWEA functional teams, particularly as it relates to the rollout and enhancements of new NWEA products and services. In this role, you may work remotely and be home-based,with a strong preference for those who reside in the southeastern region of the U.S. (Atlanta, GA; Florida or Texas). As there is frequent travel to our Partner sites, you must be located within 2 hours of a major airport.
Who you are….
You’re confident and comfortable delivering presentations in front of high level external stakeholders. You’re a super computer-user, (technically savvy) and have solid experience in a customer service/consulting role. You enjoy travel and meeting new people and have excellent communication and listening skills. You are adaptable and can easily re-prioritize work as needed.
Your next challenge…
Serving as a trusted technical advisor and integral team member of the Partner Services, Technical Consulting team, you will have influence and input with NWEA Partners and internal stakeholders across the entire organization with the following responsibilities:
• Effectively collaborate with Partner Accounts team to identify needs and opportunities and to deliver superior technical services. You will ensure our technical services are consistent with NWEA’s mission and values and are coordinated with products and services being developed and delivered by other internal teams.
• Develop and deliver pre-sales technical consulting services that include product demo’s, responses to standard technical implementation questions and creative solutions to unique technical implementation challenges
• Develop and deliver post-sales technical consulting services that include product training, lab readiness, technical setup/configuration, pre-test planning, post-test review and onsite technical consulting and support
• Maintain deep subject matter expertise on all NWEA products and platform as well as industry technical standards and certifications
• Lead cross functional team projects
• Help create partner self-sufficiency by delivering product training and facilitating the design and implementation of an efficient internal support infrastructure and workflows
Traits for success…
• Maintain composure and professionalism always
• Demonstrate advanced Customer Service, Technical and listening skills
• Demonstrate advanced data analytics and problem-solving skills
• Exhibit outstanding presentation and product training skills
• Proven ability to act independently under general direction
Education and experience…
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a partner support role with increasing responsibility
• Minimum of one technical certification preferred (e.g. Cisco, A+, MCSE, Six Sigma, etc.)
• Knowledge of NWEA products and services desired
• Previous on-site, face-to-face account management experience preferred
About the Technical Consultant Team….
The Technical Consulting (TC) team represents the Partner Services group on a wide variety of
projects but primarily provides sales support to the Partner Accounts team; facilitates product
trainings for new partners and staff; and acts as an escalation point for school districts that are experiencing issues that require onsite support. The TC team also provides supplemental technical services to some of our high profile, strategic partners. These supplemental services include
proactive support, assistance implementing Single Sign On and roster automation, auditing the
technology readiness of computer labs, as well as other custom requests.
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.