Job Title: Administrative Assistant, National Security Policy & Technical Operations and Workforce
Department: National Security Policy division & Technical Operations and Workforce division
Date: 13 November 2017
The Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to support the strategic and tactical goals of the both theNational Security Policy division & Technical Operations and Workforce division (NSP/TOW). This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative activities and functions, supporting the NSP/TOW divisions. In this capacity, the AA will be responsible for a wide range of daily and long-term projects. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task between NSP/TOW priorities are necessary.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, National Security Policy and takes day-to-day direction from the NSP/TOW staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains Member records for division in Association Management System (AMS), Personify, making amendments in AMS for any changes to member companies, creating/ending system relationships, pulls committee lists for divisions, maintains committee list updates for divisions, general data cleanup/entry.
- Supports the planning of meeting and events. Supports divisional meetings (Council, Committee and Working Group events, internal, external and member-facing meetings) by:
- Ensures adequate meeting space has been reserved
- Ensures all meeting notices, read ahead materials and follow-up materials are provided to participants in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with hotels and member company representatives regarding meeting requirements for meetings not managed by Corporate Events.
- Resolves difficulties with hotel and catering services
- Ensured all logistics for meetings are in place and operating (for example: sets up conference room, ensures audio-visual equipment is operational, and refreshments are in place). Tracks and records attendance at events. After conclusion of the meeting, ensures the space and all equipment has been cleaned and cleared and is ready for use.
- Provides a breakdown of meeting expenses and computing individual meeting attendee share and invoices accordingly. Sends notices for past due accounts and collects payments. Responsible for creating meeting registration meeting management system.
- Administers the registration process and desk; assisting in executing events both on and offsite including coordination with hotels; tracking attendance and following up with billing to members and vendors.
· Supports preparation of materials for division’s councils and committees as needed. Collects and collates department summaries of meeting presentations. Maintains collections of meeting briefing books. Distributes meeting notices and materials to member company representatives collects and tracks proxy forms.
· Edits, transmits, and electronically files a variety of documents. Under the direction of division staff, transcribes or develops draft documents for the division examples may include: correspondence, agenda, minutes, listings, summaries or reports, charts and tables. Also reviews correspondence prepared by others requiring signature for general presentation. Ensures all documentation is appropriately coordinated and routed prior to release.
· Maintains calendars and schedules for the division to track work flow and meetings.
· Plans travel for division staff and makes appropriate travel arrangements for them using Concur. Resolves difficulties that may arise.
- Prepares individual expense reports and invoices; follows through to ensure payment has been made using Concur.
· Handles routine inquiries (telephone or email) incoming to the department. Responds directly on routine matters when possible and routes others to the appropriate staff member or department.
· Greets visitors to the office, ascertains their business and announces them to supervisor. Schedules and confirms appointments. Answers and screens incoming calls and responds to inquiries on routine matters, routing others to the appropriate staff member or department. Takes messages in the absence of other office members.
· Manages, coordinates and collects forms and reports for the division including payment request forms, leave reports and lobby reports. Ensures that they are submitted complete and on-time.
· Coordinates supply orders for the division in support of division staff or division meetings.
- Performs general clerical duties including, but not limited to, copying, scanning, mailing (physical and electronic), filing and faxing.
- Supports staff in assigned project-based and organizational work.
Division Specific Responsibilities (examples):
· Responsible for managing meetings for divisions using provide software system, Cvent
· Responsible for maintaining division’s records in AMS, Personify
· Support other activities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience on as an administrative assistant, association experience preferred
- Experience in customer service, and proven ability to respond to internal and external requests for assistance promptly, professionally and effectively.
- Strong computer skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and attention to detail.
· Works and responds as a team-player to all division and organizational staff.
· Strong interpersonal skills; desire and ability to work as part of a team; ability to effectively interact with a wide range of individuals, internally and externally, from all levels, of industry and government. Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and tactfully.
- College or Associates degree or equivalent work experience
Special Skills or Requirements:
· Experience with Cvent and Personify, or other member database, required